In other news, I am almost through Week 13. Nothing real exciting this week, but I am still constantly seeing changes. Here are the things I've noticed:
- My belly getting bigger and bigger, by the minute it seems. No twins though, as this was a question I had for Dr. Carter this week. Whew! (Alex and I both come from a lineage of twins...ugh, can you imagine?)
- My energy is slowly coming back, but still not back to what I felt pre-pregnancy. I have been walking a tad more and getting a little bit more done at home, but not much.
- More people asking me about my belly and asking about names, gender, due date, etc etc. I must say, it's a lot more fun when you can talk to friends about what you're going through. Plus, it makes it a little more "real."
- I cannot stop craving junk food. It is all I can do to "do the right thing" and eat my fruits and veggies. All I want are Ched'r Peppers from Sonic! Ahhhh!!!
- I went maternity clothes shopping this past weekend with my friend Danielle, who is now 19 weeks pregnant. She is barely showing and is just now deciding to buy some stretchy outfits for the future. I, on the other hand, can no longer wear normal shirts/pants without it looking like my clothes are entirely too small. I was also given a whole box full of clothes from my boss' wife, who is about the same size as me. I hit the jackpot! And just in time for Thanksgiving, too : )
Alex has been so wonderful through this whole process so far. I feel so terrible for him sometimes because I am just SO tired all the time and he picks up so much of the slack. Our house has been a mess and without his help, we would probably live in a pigsty and have nothing clean to wear. He made a trip to Trader Joes earlier this week and came home with a bottle of sparkling italian soda and a beautiful red rose, just for me : ) (However, I think he was partially trying to make up for the fact that he had come home with a month's stash of Two Buck Chuck. ha)
Well it is wayyy past my bedtime. I think I better hit the hay so I have enough energy to cook our mini-Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! Cheers!