Thursday, November 5, 2009

Update!

We have been so busy for the month of October that although we've done so much, it feels like we haven't accomplished a thing around the house or for wedding planning.

I'll start with today, since I feel like I'm ready to drop dead with all my baking. Yes, I said baking. I started my day with an early morning (8:30am) Barre Intensity class. It was tiring, yet refreshing. I just love how those workouts make me feel-so extremely sore, but so empowering to know what your body can handle.

After my workout, I made a quick stop at the grocery store then went home. I ate a quick after-workout snack/breakfast, then into the kitchen I went! I made up, like, 4 dozen of Jana's famous Chocolate Chip Crunch cookies. About 2 hours later, I had finished baking/cooling/sampling all of the cookies and thought I should take them to Alex's work, mainly so I couldn't eat them all :) So then I showered and made the 30 minute trek up North, only to find Alex on the run and eating a HiBoy hamburger and some onion rings. Uggh. So basically I got to drop the cookies off, sit in a chair for about 20 minutes watching Alex scarf his lunch and return emails, and came home. Sweeet.

So now I'm home, have a sink full of dishes and not an ounce of energy to do them. Alex will be home late tonight so who really cares if I get them done in a timely manner, or if I even have a dinner tonight. Bahh.

One of our adventures over the last month was having our engagement pictures taken this last weekend by Dan and Brenda Kliewer. We went back to McPherson for this and had them taken out at "The Farm," just ?north? of McPherson. The farm is where Alex's dad, "Bags," grew up. It was old, rustic and the weather was absolutely perfect. There were tons of old cars and farm equipment, too, that we got to pose with. Brenda said she was maybe gonna have them ready for us on Sunday before we left, but no such luck. So she is planning on sending us a jump drive with all the pictures, copyrights and all. I am chomping at the bit to get them in the mail! I'm ready to see them and pick out our save the dates! I'll be sure and post some of them, but I think they will be also available to view online at some point. Keep an eye on Dan and Brenda's website for the pictures!

Ok, I'm exhausted. I think I'm gonna lay down for a bit. I really am gonna *try *to start keeping this thing more up to date! So check back more often!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Yeah! Thanks for the update!! Can't wait to see the pics!