Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Need a House. Period.

I bought a new Crock Pot this week, and as I was trying to find a good home for it in my kitchen, I realized something. I need a house.

It seems these days that kids my age are more and more likely to buy homes. They tend to graduate from college, spend a year in a city of their preference, and then settle into a little nook-like house somewhere in a suburb. And although I've always had in my head that a house is a step into the big-kid world that I'm willing to put off, I'm starting to think that maybe a house would be more practical.

I mean really, I don't even have a place to put my box of Magic Bullet accessories and parts.

You think I'm kidding. Here's my only substantial storage area in my kitchen:

Oh, and let's talk about my mini-size refrigerator....

And how bout the weird corner on the counter that seems to collect water. Where does the water come from, you ask? Who knows. But it collects it. And the water turns gross. Weird.
See it? Gross.


But back to my Crock Pot. Here's the old one:
Sad, isn't she?


And here's the new one:

Isn't it cute? And it's RED!

Anyway, that's my thought for the day. Any thoughts on how to better my apartment living space and storage methods, let me know. Oh-and Alex's birthday is next week. Any ideas on gifts? I really am clueless.

4 comments:

judy said...

I was going to send some eggs back with Alex but now I'm thinking you don't need them!

Jerilyn said...

My friend Susan would have a heyday in your storage place.

Jolyn said...

Love the crockpot. Get Alex some double-decker lazy susans, then you can use them in your pantry. Just an idea.

Unknown said...

Your Nature's Sunshine fridge looks like my Nature's Sunshine fridge!! We must be from the same planet.