Sunday, August 17, 2008

Side Note

Just wanted to post a quick thought.

In the last couple weeks, I've been mulling over some life issues that seem to be growing bigger and more important every day. They are issues that have no easy answer, and whatever the answers are, are very life-changing. They really are not negative or harmful issues, just decisions about where my life is going.

I just read a quick comment from my cousin Cheri. She was wishing me a happy birthday, but also gave me some "birthday advice" which I found to be very thoughtful. She said: "Treasure every day. Time goes so fast! My birthday advice is don't be in a hurry for what comes next, be present in each moment and fully enjoy today! Every season of life holds such joy." I feel that that this is not only advice for me personally, but for everyone.

In addition, sometimes I wish I was one of those people that just didn't care about the decisions in life, and just flew by the seat of my pants. But then who knows what this world would be like if there wasn't anyone to care? And what would my future look like? Umph, being 25 is harder than 24 was. Rats.

So in closing, please pray for my guidance. I am attempting to really take in cousin C's advice, but also hope for a "right" answer, preferably sooner than later :)

Night night everyone.

1 comment:

Jerilyn said...

My internet was down intermittently about a week before I finally figured out to call Cox. So I missed your blogs until now. I agree with Cheri - life goes fast. Although I understand it doesn't seem so at
25! But that's the thing. I was 25 just a few years ago, and now I'm 64. So that's how fast it goes. So just enjoy, and don't rush into anything - if you know what I mean.