Thursday, September 4, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside

Well, they say summer is over. It's currently 61 degrees, looking forward to a high of 68 today. All hopes of 90 and 100 degree weather are gone for they year, so they say. And sadly enough, I didn't make it out ONCE to my apartment complex pool to bask in the heat and get a beautiful, glowing tan. Where did the summer go? I guess it went to work, it went to a lot of weddings, and a whole lot of running around Kansas City. So I guess my tan will have to wait til next year.

Went to a wedding down in Wichita this last weekend. It was really fun, mainly for the fact that a trip down to Wichita for the weekend, for us anyway, is like a vacation. We got to see lots of McPherson people and it was good to let loose and be away from Kansas City/work for the weekend, for the both of us. Alex has been working ridiculously hard lately, which in turn has for some reason really wore me out, as well. But all is good now; Alex is working less hours and the summer madness is slowing down.

Here is the uninvited guest to the wedding this weekend. He was a precious Great Dane, (which most Great Dane's are wonderful pets-just big) but was bigger than anything that I have EVER seen. I really wasn't scared of his "bigness" at all, just a little scared of that tongue that could've jumped out at me at any time! Thus, my facial expression showing this fear. Found out it was owned by one of the workers at this little farm, and was taken home by a kid by getting on a four-wheeler and tying him to the back to jog behind. What a beast! By the way, his paws were a little bigger than my own hand.



Alex is moved into his house, now just organizing and prioritizing what project to start on first. The doggies love their back yard, but also have the luxury of sleeping on their own little beds in the spare bedroom. They're so spoiled. Look at those eyes!



One of the first projects that Alex took on with the house was hauling off some rotting wood from the back yard, leftover from an old fence, or something. This was actually quite the task because of some questionable termites underneath that could have the potential to migrate towards the house, if he wasn't careful. Oh and by the way-here is one of the many SNAKES that was found underneath it, too!! How disgusting. I don't have any pictures, but there has also been quite the slug problem around here, too. We have spotted many of them at a time in the front lawn, sidewalk, and walkway, and terrifyingly enough-inside the house, as well. I've had two run-ins, myself, with slugs on the kitchen floor and on the wall. They absolutely terrify me, to say the least. They look like small aliens, for heavens sakes! What do they want??!!! and Why are they here??!!!




Last but not least, the ole Eclipse is still for sale. Will someone PLEASE buy it? It's a good little car, I promise! Check it out on craigslist.



Must go for now. Have an appointment with a NAET doc in a couple hours. We'll see if he can do anything about my allergies/asthma/headaches/anxiety....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many miles are on your car? Jake finds himself in need of a new vehicle...

Em said...

123000...it really is a good car!!!