Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Another wonderful day


I love that lately, every day I wake up with a smile on my face. It seems like it's been so long since I have been this happy!

I know I haven't really given you any background on this, but Alex Koehn and I have been hanging out a lot lately and getting to know each other. So far this has been one of those relationships that you would never expect (which is by far the best kind!) We seem to get along so well! He is such a gentleman; he has taken me out to dinner numerous times, opens the door for me, and has even fixed me dinner! It's just so nice to have someone like that after being lost for what seems like ages. And whether or not he is my soul mate, he still makes me happy and is a great friend! I guess I'm just so excited to have someone in my life again, although sometimes it does make me a little uneasy that he is so wonderful-Scott was wonderful too, and look what happened there!

Being in a quasi-relationship is a scary thing for me. I absolutely love to have the companionship, but after thinking that I had found the person I was going to spend the rest of my life with, it has really made me ponder the thought of "how do you ever know who is the right person?" And even though Alex and I haven't even had the "Define the Relationship" talk, otherwise known as the "DTR," it still makes me wonder. Any advice for a young, naive, single woman such as myself would be much appreciated!

Anyway, enough about my "cloud 9" talk! I could talk about it all day! I am loving these new-found butterflies in my stomach and all the moments when I close my eyes and realize all the great things that God is bringing my way!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Congrats on your new man and your new life -- Advice? None. You just know it and then you do everything in your power to COMPROMISE and GIVE 100% all the time ;) Love ya - Aunty, R

Cherilyn Dahlsten said...

Go Emily! I'm so glad to keep up with you in this way! After our visit in KC I a was wishing you were closer. This will make it feel like you are! Keep writing!