Saturday, September 29, 2007

Honestly, who works on a SATURDAY?

As much as I am loving my job, working weekends really isn't my cup of tea. I can't stand the thought of all the social events going on without me! Because I had to work today, I could only attend the housewarming/engagement party going on last night for a few hours (only to stay up too late, of course); I missed attending a K-State football gathering today at my friends' house, AND I missed out on going to Atchison with Alex to watch Kasey Klenda play soccer and celebrate his 21st birthday! And now that I am finally home from work, I'm too tired from staying up too late last night to even think about meeting up with anyone! So I guess I'll stay in. Honestly, I think this might be the first time I've stayed in on a Saturday since I moved here!

Even though I know I'll be FINE by staying in tonight, the cool thing about NOT staying in is that it shows how much more energy I have now. Looking back at this time last year, I was struggling through my 3rd semester of nursing school, hanging out at Scott's ALL THE TIME, and doing nothing but studying and sleeping. And the thought of working 12 hour shifts would not have even been feasible! So in comparison, it is obvious that my health and energy have skyrocketed! It's so great to finally discover the youngster in me! And as Alex says, "You're always doing something...I have to schedule plans with you like a month in advance!" It is true; I am very busy all the time and I absolutely love it that way!

This is my "before" picture: September 2005
And this is my "after" picture: August 2007


So cheers to being 24, being healthy, and being a nurse! (Does this mean I can have a glass of wine now? haha)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh wow - i can't help but get choked up every time I see a pic of you....i'm going to find one of the pics i saw the other day (of me) and email you... it's simply amazing, darling. Oh, and re: your blog - neat. Glad you're loving life! It's about time *jumping for joy*