Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Here and There, This 'n That

Well it's been an interesting last couple weeks. I've had a couple good days at work and a couple of bad. Real bad days. But those happen, I'm over it.

But here's the crazy thing. I'm sick, but I'm not really sick. My "crazy herb lady," aka Connie, for those of you who know her, has prescribed me some Lobelia for a lung cleanse. Well apparently I have a lot of "junk" in my lungs and it has proceeded to cause an all-out cough fest-FOR 5 DAYS!! I've only taken it a few times and I'm still coughing up a lung. And it caused me to miss work today, and possibly tomorrow. But not because I'm "really" sick. Connie says I don't have a single illness in my body and am in no way contagious. Oh yeah? Well I don't think my co-workers or patients would feel that way when I am literally standing over the toilet, about to cough up my lungs. Hmm. What to do, what to do.

Other than that, really things have been grand on my side of Kansas. Alex is wonderful, he treats me like an angel : ) We went to 3 Christmas parties this weekend, so needless to say, I was completely tired out by Sunday. We did have fun though and I got to meet a few of Alex's bosses. They all seemed very down to earth and easy to get along with. Too bad I had to be introduced to them right before we were attending out Ugly Sweater Christmas party at the Reimer's...nice first impression Emily. Actually there was a couple at that same party that was going to a White Trash Bash right afterwards and they had some really horrid looking clothes on..so I didn't feel too ridiculous.

Must close. Time for dinner.

2 comments:

Jolyn said...

Hope you get that lung out soon, Em!

Unknown said...

Oh no! Did you manage to keep them down? Hope so...The ugly sweater comment was really what got my attention, however. What a riot. I'll bet you explained to each and everyone you met what was going on though, didn't ya! (something i would'a done...) p.s. thx for stopping by.