Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year to All!

Just a quick note to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday evening! Alex and I are spending an evening with some Pittsburg friends, which we are thoroughly looking forward to. Shouldn't be anything to exciting, but we plan on having ourselves a good time.

Work has been going fine, now that the holiday season is winding down that is. It has been especially hard having to work through the holidays this season since I have never been required to do so before, but I was completely prepared for the hardships. I knew I'd be rather bummed about working, so I guess I was prepared to be bummed, if that makes any sense!

I actually did get some compliments on my abilities at work in the last week. To make a long story short, I was singled out by some of the night nurses saying that I was one of the only new grad nurses that was actually doing very well and doing things as I was supposed to. I guess my preceptor Marine, JD, really paid off. Thanks JD!

Anyway I've got some things to do before our festivities tonight. Happy New Year!! See you next year!

7 comments:

judy said...

Way to go, girl! Keep up the good work!

Happy New Year!

Jerilyn said...

Good for them for noticing how well you're doing - and then for actually letting you know! And good for you for being such a good worker!

Unknown said...

See! It was worth hanging out over the holidays...you got paid in more than one way :) Happy New Year to you too, my sweet.

Cherilyn Dahlsten said...

Doesn't surprise me at all that you're standing out in the crowd. Keep living with integrity, working hard, following through, staying away from the gossip and being nice to everyone and you will shine like the sun among your generation! You'll be on the fast track to your goals!

Unknown said...

hey, where are ya? everything ok?

btw: i'm in the process of getting a new blog design, avatar and name -- Foster Me Up (name of my book) -- so you know it's me when you get there...some day...if i ever hear from you again. :/ :? ;) *smooches*

Unknown said...

so, your new years' resolution is to stop blogging?

well, if you're interested, i have some bling for your page to throw you into the new year right...come by and see. (lemmeno if u need help putting it up...)

xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

oh - here are the links:

http://rnning2wn2.blogspot.com/2008/01/blingawards.html

http://rnning2wn2.blogspot.com/2008/02/paying-it-forwardcontinued.html