Wednesday, December 5, 2007

This Is A Test

As I sit here watching The Essence of Emeril, Jozie, the black boxer/lab mix has been playing with her bone on the floor in front of me. Yes, Jozie the dog. Last weekend Alex and I went to Pittsburg to attend a friend's birthday party and we decided it would fun to bring home Jozie for the week. Jozie is Alex's friend, Josh's, dog. Alex and I love her to death and thought this would be a good "test" to see if a dog would make a good addition to either one of our homes. So far it's been going pretty well. The worst part is adjusting to her schedule. When she has to go to the bathroom, it doesn't matter what time of day it is...she's gotta go. I thought waking up at 2 am two nights ago was a little ridiculous, but when she woke me up at 7:45 this morning on my day off, I was a little, how do you say, ...perturbed. But I'm starting to understand what people are talking about when they say "They are a lot of work, but I'm so glad I got one!" She is so cute and loveable..how can you not get attached?? Here are some pictures to show her cuteness:



I asked Alex what we are going to do if/when we have fallen in love with her by the end of the week? He said we just won't tell Josh where he lives, that way Josh can't come and pick her up. Ha, yeah right.

3 comments:

Cherilyn Dahlsten said...

Have you considered a goldfish? Or a cat? I have a couple great cats if you'd like to borrow them for a week!

Jerilyn said...

I'm glad you're taking this test before you take the plunge. Make sure the test is long enough to give you a taste of reality! You can learn lots of lessons from your pets.

Unknown said...

Have you not ever owned a doggie?...seriously? Gosh, I don't know what to say. Work is definitely a good word for it. Baci's almost 2, and I'm still training her...'cause things change and then I have to explain this to her thru repetitive, consistent actions and commands. It never ends; however, my little girl does what I want her to do and not what she wants to do!