Friday, October 5, 2007

Quick Note Before Work

Today is day 3 of my work week. By this time, I'm usually dead tired, as I am feeling today. Alex is out of town this weekend, so I'm on my own, so to speak. I'm going with Bret and Alyson Reimer to the KState/KU game Saturday. The game is at 11am which means we may be leaving at about 5 or 6 in the morning on Saturday! I know, I know, that is VERY early to leave for a football game, but don't worry-it's definitely worth it! All of my old friends are gonna be in Manhattan and I'm so excited to be back in my old stomping grounds! They say that if you're not in Manhattan by 7am on Saturday, there'll be a line just to get into the city! Thus the reason for leaving so early.

I work today 7am-7pm. Things are going really well; I have been taking my own patients every day now (with my wonderful preceptor trailing after me to make sure I don't kill anyone!) He's great about letting me do my own thing and then checking my charting, etc later to make sure everything is done and done correctly. Yesterday was my first day with 4 patients-my max before that was 3. So I'm really moving up! Oh, by the way! I started my SECOND IV yesterday all by myself! And on top of that, my preceptor said it was a really hard place to stick; he said most people would not have gotten it! I stuck this guy on his underarm, right beneath his elbow. My excuse for being able to get it is because I'm left-handed; it was on his left arm so I could weasel in there pretty easy as compared to a righty. Anyway, the exciting thing is that I got it!

Alright, must shimmy off to work. Only 13 more hours till my day is over! haha

2 comments:

Cherilyn Dahlsten said...

Hope you didn't get ugly with the KU fans! That was quite a game! Not the outcome K-State fans are used to! Still better than my day when you wondered if either team would score.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 1st IV and the game must've been good, 'cause you haven't been back! ha!