Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yes, I'm Here!

As I sit here munching on a Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie and reading everyone's blog's, I am realizing that it really HAS been a long time since I've written. I guess it also dawned on me today when I got an email from a certain relative reminding me of my "absenteeism." I replied and told her that because it takes me so long to map out a perfect paragraph with perfect verbage and grammar, my blogs tend to be few and far between. But I guess that the structure of my blog isn't what matters here, right? Sometimes I wish I could be like my other blogging family members that make their websites look so professional, you know, with the links to other blogs and tags and all that whatnot? But I mean really, who actually knows what a "tag" or a "label" is actually supposed to be for?!! Looks like you guys are lucky to get a few pictures in with mine :)

Anyway, things have been good on this side of Kansas/Missouri. Work takes up 3 days of my week (and I mean 3 whole days) and then the rest of my weeks have been occupied by Alex, social gatherings and one long weekend with the parents. Ha! (It really wasn't that long, but putting up those curtains really took it out of me!)

In my quote unquote spare time, I've really been taking to some hobbies that I feel like have been lost but not forgotten in my college/nursing school years. Since Alex has a love for cooking, I really have been attempting to scavenger up meals for us on days that I don't work. This has required me to venture out to Barnes & Noble and buy a "healthy cooking on the run" type of cookbook, as well as learn to season and spice up the foods. (You wouldn't think that seasoning was an art, now would you? Boy are YOU wrong.)

I've also ventured into the world of On-Demand FitTV-what a revolution! This cold weather and snow have made my workouts rather dull and uninviting, especially when I have to walk IN THE COLD to get to the clubhouse. Hence the On-Demand FitTV. I think every home should have On-Demand.

In addition to my FitTV, I think I want to find a fun class to take somewhere in the area to squeeze in some extra fitness time, such as a hip-hop dance class, Pilates or something that's just plain fun. Getting on the treadmill or Eliptical in a 4x4 fitness room isn't really cuttin' for me anymore.


Did I forget to mention that I'm going for a Lasik consultation next week? Yeah, I'm super excited. I don't know if it's just the idea of eye surgery, or that my eyes just plain suck, but my contacts seem to be bothering me worse and worse every single day. The day that I can wake up in the morning and be able to go to the bathroom without stumbling and fumbling due to my eyes being practically blind (I'm really not kidding about the blindness) will be a glorious day. And when I don't have to take time out of my work day to stop and rinse off my contacts because there's so much "goo" (aka protein) on them, I will be ecstatic. So to say the least, I'm ready for Dr. Cavanaugh to sign me up for some surgery! (Who knew anyone, especially me, would EVER be so excited for surgery.)

In addition to my exciting eye surgery, I have made the big decision to buy a car...in about 5 months. Now as most of you know, my "MicroMachine" as I like to call it, really has lasted me a LONG time. Let's see now, how many cross-country trips did it make? 1 trip from McPherson to Tucson, AZ and back; 1 trip from Tucson, AZ to San Diego, CA and back; I'm guessing about 6 trips from McPherson to Danville, IL and back; infinite numbers of trip from Danville to Lafayette, IN/Cadillac, MI and back; and who knows where else. That car really has quite the stories to tell. But as good as it has been, I think it's time to retire it. It just had fresh spark plugs and "gaskets" (whatever those are) put on yesterday by my dear boyfriend, (bless his heart), so she should be rarin' to go for her next adventure. I'm looking at '04-'06 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo's, and '06-'07 Toyota Highlander's. Any preferences out there? I really have done a lot of research on both cars and they both look fairly appealing. But I'm still in the money-saving process so I'm thinking about June or July I'll start really eying my future beauty. That's if the MicroMachine will last me that long.

Anyway I've had a very long day at work that included a 1 clueless student, 1 admission, 5 patients and lots and lots of crap. Literally. So it's my bedtime. I'll include a couple pictures here at the end of some recent fun times with Alex. Hope all is well with everyone! Keep blogging...I DO read everyone else's, I just fail to keep mine up to date :)

Yeah, so we're dorks like that :)


I thought this might be a framer.




This is Amy, a girlfriend of one of Alex's old roomates from Pittsburg. Alex thinks we look a lot alike.

4 comments:

judy said...

Well, I really like your fine blogging! Of course this is your mother speaking. I'm glad for the information that I can re-read instead of making you tell me again because I forgot. I bet you're glad for that, too. By the way someone will have to go with you when you have your lasik surgery to drive you back and then maybe take you for a check-up the next day.

Jolyn said...

Emily, for some reason I see you in that Jeep, thing. But since I am so NOT a car person I have no idea why I'm even talking about it. Much congratulations on the lasik, something I have been thinking about lately as my eyes have really been bothering me...too bad the needed dollars are going toward home improvements instead!
(And keep blogging -- your writing's great!)

Jerilyn said...

You are still there! Such a fun blog. And then there are those of us who don't blog at all, so think of how far ahead of THAT you are. I just like to know what/how you're doing.

Unknown said...

so nice that ur back, Emily...and that reltive is so rit. *wink* you have to remmber, we just want to hear about you. we don't care about the fanciness of it all or even if u can spelel right. we love you for who you are. you know tht. also keep in mind those other folk who are probaly seriosly OC have a very good reason, such as the fact they write for a living, say a book and are building their platform and must have a solid foundation to stand on...OK enough of that. let's move on, shall we? the lasik thing is wild. you know i had the lasEK, but did you know i has the same probs with my eyes that caused me to get the surgery -- goopiness for one. and blindness factor was getting bigger and bigger too. Also, did you know your blood mother is getting hers done as well??? yup. oh and i'm thinking jeep too...hahhahaha but i want the soft top. i mean who needs a jag anyway? finally (yes, i'm about to wrap it up here), the pics! oh the pics! the framer is killer and the dorky ones hilarious. i'll print and hang soon. p.s. go here: Excerpt. Epilogue?. My first posted excerpt from my book! *huggies*