Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Blurry Work Day

Today is my first day back at work with my new eyes. I can see pretty well, but my eyes seem to have been intermittently blurry all day. Fortunately, this is very common. I just keep putting my Refresh eye drops in and hope for the best. When I had my post-op checkup yesterday, he said my eyes were seeing 20/30 and 20/40. Not bad considering it was less than 24 hours before that I had had my surgery!

So today isn't too bad, it's just the blurriness. It's like I have my contacts in and they need a quick rinse...but there are no contacts! And I must say, waking up in the morning and being able to see the clock and walk to the bathroom, etc. without putting any glasses on is one of the coolest things I've ever felt! In fact, I was so touched by the whole matter, while I was driving back to Kansas City yesterday from McPherson, I had tears well up in my eyes because I was just so incredible happy that I could see. Without contacts or glasses. It really is amazing. Believe it or not, this is the first time I haven't had any contacts or glasses since 1st grade. 7 years old. Why didn't I do this sooner???!!!

Anyway, must go. It's time to start wrapping up my shift. More later on my new-found eyesight. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Testosterone Mom said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again! Just caught up with your latest entries. I'm also glad to hear your eyes are doing so well already. I'm sure they will get better each day. It was fun to see you this weekend. Have a great time skiing!

judy said...

Give your eyes a few more days, you'll get past most of the blurriness. We are happy for you, too! We know what all you've been through with your eyes. I still automatically reach for my glasses when I wake up.

Unknown said...

OMG - hey, neat. I'm really happy for you. I got a little choked up myself 1) 'cause it's you; 2) 'cause i can relate. Isn't it the most powerful, crazy, blessing ever?! And, I didn't know you were 7!! Did you know we were 6?! OMG. Imagine suffering with it as long as we did though. 31 years for me...Hey, email me the name of the doc who did your surgery. *smoochies* little lady.