Saturday, March 3, 2012

27 weeks 6 days

So I've been following this cute pregnancy blog and she used this little checklist for each week. I really liked following it each week, so I'm going to steal it and use it as well. Here we go:

How far along? 27 Weeks 6 days

Total weight gain: 31 whopping pounds. Holy cow.
Maternity clothes? Oh yeah, since about week 15 or so!
Stretch marks? No, not yet!
Sleep: Sleeping fine, just waking up every couple of hours to go pee and change positions.
Best moment this week: Accomplishing a Fusion Fitness class....at 27 weeks pregnant : )

Miss Anything? Many, many things. With the warm weather that we've been having, I've really been wishing I could sit on the back patio with a Corona in hand. Don't judge me.
Movement: Tons. Small Fry loves it when I have snacks and when I sit down after a long day at work.

Food cravings: My appetite has seemingly ballooned in the last few days. I feel like a bottomless pit at times.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: Nope..thank goodness!
Symptoms: Low back pain, hip discomfort, occasional heartburn, sore boobs (again) increasing appetite, acne? on my upper thighs-what is this?!, achy feet

Belly Button in or out? In. Hanging in there by a thread
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Re-gaining control of my own body. And having a cute little baby to show for all this hard work : )

Here are a couple of pics from the last few weeks: Here I am after a quick yoga
workout at home. Alex insisted we
take a picture. I look ridiculous.
(25 weeks, 4 days:)





Getting ready to go out to dinner at Dodge
City Distillery (25 Weeks, 6 Days):



















We have been running around like mad getting baby stuff squared away.We registered at Buy Buy Baby last weekend, Alex painted the baby's room today, I have been continuously looking for stuff to add to our registry and trying to get excess stuff out of the spare bedroom.

Alex also finished touching up the window in the bathroom, so we are now ready to have our tile guy come and remodel our bathroom. I'm excited to have that done!

As I said in my little checklist above, I attended a Fusion Fitness workout class this past Thursday. I was really needing a workout that made me actually feel like I was working my muscles. Working out is really the only thing that makes me feel normal, as weird as that sounds. And "pregnancy" workouts just weren't doing it for me. So I sucked it up and decided to leap back into Fusion, which I've talked about before, and I am SO happy I did. I made some modifications in the movements and took it slow, but surprisingly, I made it through better than some of the other attendants! If you don't remember, Fusion is an incredibly high energy class that combines yoga, pilates, resistance training, and flexibility. Basically it's an hour long bootcamp. Some have compared it to the workout video Insanity. Anyway, I loved every minute of it. And now I know I can do it, so I will be returning. It's amazing how a silly workout can make me feel so much better about my huge pregnant body!

Alright, I think that's all for now. I have a slight headache that I must go nurse....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your progress with us all! I am 27 weeks myself and I know exactly what you mean by not feeling normal. Not being able to roll over in the bed without losing breath and barely being able to put on shoes and lotion my legs and feet kind of get to me sometimes. But I know that it is all worth it. I am having a boy as well and am so ready and excited to meet him.