Monday, March 26, 2012

March 25, 2012

March 25, 2012

Weight: 3 pounds 6 ounces. I think I had yesterday’s weight wrong, it was actually 3 pounds 5 ounces. Don’t wanna jip the little man of the ounce that he earned!

Alarms: 7 total alarms.

Labs: None.

Oxygen/Lungs: Still room air.

Belly/Bowels: One thing that is VERY noticeable is that now that he is on the human milk fortifier, his poop STINKS. It is not a pleasant smell when his diaper needs changed. Uck!

Skin-to-Skin Time/Holding: Alex went up around 11 with some family to hang out while I was at our first baby shower. E got to meet some more family. He met Uncle Sam, great grandpa Eddie, and also saw Grandpa Koehn and Grandpa Fast again. Everyone seems to love him : ) I went up about 5 and held him till his next feeding at 8. I absolutely love our skin-to-skin time. And today he started really “rooting,” (I hate that word) which means he is “looking around” to start breastfeeding. He is such a big boy! I can’t wait til he can actually breastfeed. I think I will feel like I am directly involved in his care, instead of an innocent bystander. Not that I don’t feel like I’m his mom, but it will just feel more “real” for me. Make sense?

Feedings: Up to 29 ml every 3 hours. Almost an ounce at a time!

Side Note: He is having a small amount of drainage from his left eye. Apparently their tear ducts can clog very easily and usually clears up on there own. The doctor is aware and wants to just watch it for now. The nurse also said that they sometimes massage the tear duct and it clears all the gunk out. Poor little buddy! She said it doesn’t usually bother the baby. Let’s hope not.

No comments: