Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 21, 2012

March 21, 2012

Weight: 3 pounds 3 ounces. They took out his PICC line today, so they said to not be surprised if he doesn’t gain any weight tomorrow. This is because of the decreased IV fluids and the weight of the PICC line itself. [The PICC line is his IV access. It is a line that runs from his tiny little forearm all the way to his heart. It is a sturdy IV that doesn’t need replaced as often as a regular IV]

Alarms: Only 7 total. With that number decreasing, they will start considering weaning his oxygen off. Yay!

Labs: No labs today, but did have a one week follow-up head ultrasound. No head bleeds. Thank goodness.

Oxygen/Lungs: Will continue on the 21% 1L NC for now.

Belly/Bowels: Still having regular bowel movements on his own. Gettin that bilirubin out!

Skin-to-Skin Time/Holding: I held him only for about 30 minutes or so until Alex could get to the hospital after work. Then he held him so that he could hang out with his parents while I waited outside (only 3 visitors allowed at a time.) While I was gone, Alex’s mom got to hold him as well. She was thrilled about getting to do that, while I must say, I was a little nervous about it. I guess that’s what mom’s do, right? Worry? I had to run down to where I work while they were spending time together, so by the time I got back it had been a good hour that Alex got to spend with him. I think he really enjoyed that time : )

Feedings: Still increasing his feedings, up to 24 ml now. He also gets a human milk fortifier for extra calories in the feedings. So far, tolerating this fine.

No comments: