Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 22, 2012

March 22, 2012

Weight: 3 pounds 4 ounces.

Alarms: Only 7 in the last 24 hours. Yeah buddy!

Labs: Hematocrit up to 29-no transfusion necessary. Yeah! Bilirubin down to 6.1. No phototherapy, either! Yeah, our child is a rockstar.

Oxygen/Lungs: Still on 21% 1L NC. He keeps pulling the cannula out of his nose. This must be a sign that he doesn’t need it!

Belly/Bowels: Still pooping, but showing signs that he may not be digesting the human milk fortifier quite right. They’ll continue to watch it for another day or so, but have to use a more hypoallergenic version for awhile until he can process the human milk version.

Skin-to-Skin Time/Holding: I only got about 30 minutes before Alex stole him from me. Poor me.

Feedings: Up to 24 ml of milk every 3 hours. He’ll fatten up in no time!

Also, because he doesn’t have an IV anymore, he gets to wear onesies now! When I showed up to the hospital today he had this cute little onesie on that the hospital provided. My little one is growing up!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Thanks for your updates. So glad to hear he is doing so well. Hoping you got our package and it is some things that you can use! He's a sweetie!

Em said...

Hannah,

Thanks for stopping by! I did get your package. Thank you so much! I have already put the stuff in it to use : )